Only glutamic acid and aspartic acid are as concentrated as Lysine in muscles. Lysine takes part in bone growth by means of aiding Calcium absorption, and it also has a role in collagen integrity.
- A white oval tablet.
- 90 tablets.
- An essential amino acid, often denatured by cooking.
- Can suppress the growth of the virus that causes cold sores.
- Works antagonistically to arginine to inhibit viral replication.
- Important role in collagen formation along side proline, glycine, vitamin C and copper.
- Lysine increases the bioavailability of iron.
- Low levels in vegans and vegetarians, making this supplement ideal for either.
Practitioners frequently recommend this particular amino acid during an attack of cold sores or to control other herpes simplex related infections, since it appears to inhibit the replication of the herpes simplex (type I) virus.
As with all Lamberts amino acids, Lamberts L-lysine is presented in its free-form for maximum absorption. Each capsule provides a full 500mg of L-lysine.
Dosage: 1 to 2 tablets daily. It is preferable to take amino acids with fruit juice or water, rather than milk. An amino acid is best taken ½ hour before any meal or at bedtime.
Disintegration Time: Less than 1 hour.
Suitable for vegetarians.
Caution: This product is not recommended for children or pregnant or lactating women.
Ingredients per tablet: L-Lysine 500mg. Tableted with: Microcrystalline Cellulose, Stearic Acid, Silicon Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate.